BMO’s gold deposit program is a simple and straightforward way to purchase very high quality physical gold bullion and store it safely in our vault at the Royal Canadian Mint.
- Who: BMO is Canada’s oldest Bank
- What: Very high quality physical gold bullion that meets the LBMA’s Responsible Sourcing program
- Where: The Royal Canadian Mint which is a Crown Corporation of the Government of Canada that is exceptionally secure.
Other notable features
- Allocated physical gold bullion stored at the Royal Canadian Mint in Canada
- No annual fees
- No empty vault risk
- Gold bullion not available to claims of creditors of BMO
- Once clients are in the program, they have three options: (1) buy and hold, (2) sell on a cash settled basis, or (3) request physical delivery. All details are set forth in the Disclosure Statement for the Program dated August 21, 2018 and related Terms and Conditions.
I am a Canadian retail investor... who do I contact for more information/help?
Canadian retail investors are asked to contact representatives at BMO Nesbitt Burns, BMO InvestorLine, or BMO Private Bank. Please ask about the BMO Gold Deposit Program.
I am a BMO employee... who do I contact for more information / help?
BMO employees can contact Simon Carling, Managing Director, BMO Capital Markets, using his Outlook coordinates.
Where can I find the daily NAV?
The above is for information purposes only and does not constitute an offer or solicitation in respect of Bank of Montreal's Physical Allocated Gold Deposit Program (the "Program"). Customers should read and carefully consider all of the information in the Disclosure Statement for the Program dated August 21, 2018 and related Terms and Conditions before participating in the Program. In particular, customers should carefully evaluate the specific risk factors set out under the heading "Risk Factors" in the Disclosure Statement. Neither Bank of Montreal, BMO Nesbitt Burns or any of their respective affiliates provide any guarantee as to the value of the gold under the Program. Past performance of the price of gold bullion is not indicative of future performance. The gold under the Program will not constitute deposits that are insured under the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation Act or any other deposit insurance regime. ®"BMO (M-bar Roundel symbol)" is a registered trademark of Bank of Montreal, used under license. ®"Nesbitt Burns" is a registered trade-mark of BMO Nesbitt Burns Corporation Limited, used under license. BMO Nesbitt Burns Inc. and BMO Nesbitt Burns Ltée are indirect subsidiaries of Bank of Montreal. If you are already a client of BMO Nesbitt Burns, please contact your Investment Advisor for more information.