The Program is backed on an ounce-for-ounce basis with real, physical, bullion at all times. Our documentation is specific: We will not use or hold unallocated bullion, certificates, exchange traded products, financial instruments, or any product that represents encumbered bullion.
- All bullion is separated and identifiable at an approved vault facility in Canada.
- The bullion cannot be used by anyone for any purpose.
- All bullion is unencumbered.
- All bullion is segregated from the assets of BMO Financial Group.
- No annual storage fees or MER. Withdrawal and delivery fees may apply.
- Physical delivery upon request.*
I am a Canadian retail investor... who do I contact for more information/help?
Canadian retail investors are asked to contact representatives at BMO Nesbitt Burns, BMO InvestorLine, or BMO Private Bank. Please ask about the BMO Gold Deposit Program.
I am a BMO employee... who do I contact for more information / help?
BMO employees can contact Department, MTL Client Services via Outlook.
* Under the Canadian Vaulted Physical Silver Deposit Program, the Royal Canadian Mint may appoint a sub-custodian. Any sub-custodian that may be appointed by the Mint to hold Silver Bullion under the Program will be on the list of entities considered suitable to hold LBMA gold and silver pursuant to IIROC Notice 11-0047 dated February 3, 2011 (the "Notice"). The Sub-Custodian that may be appointed will perform the Mint's duties under the Program, including holding the Silver Bullion.
The above is for information purposes only and does not constitute an offer or solicitation in respect of Bank of Montreal's Physical Allocated Silver Deposit Program (the "Program"). Customers should read and carefully consider all of the information in the Disclosure Statement for the Program dated June 30, 2022 and related Terms and Conditions before participating in the Program. In particular, customers should carefully evaluate the specific risk factors set out under the heading "Risk Factors" in the Disclosure Statement. Neither Bank of Montreal, BMO Nesbitt Burns or any of their respective affiliates provide any guarantee as to the value of the silver under the Program. Past performance of the price of silver bullion is not indicative of future performance. The silver under the Program will not constitute deposits that are insured under the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation Act or any other deposit insurance regime. ®"BMO (M-bar Roundel symbol)" is a registered trademark of Bank of Montreal, used under license. ®"Nesbitt Burns" is a registered trade-mark of BMO Nesbitt Burns Corporation Limited, used under license. BMO Nesbitt Burns Inc. and BMO Nesbitt Burns Ltée are indirect subsidiaries of Bank of Montreal. If you are already a client of BMO Nesbitt Burns, please contact your Investment Advisor for more information.